Thursday, December 24, 2009

warm wishes and thanks

As we celebrate the season with family and friends, and 2009 winds down, I’d like to extend a warm holiday wish to you all.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank the many active blog readers, book buyers, workshop participants, event hosts, and all the other very important players in this literary life we lead. It is because of your support for literary arts that writers continue to do what they do. Writers need readers. We need an audience. So, whether you write or you read (or both!), I offer my heartfelt thanks for your continued virtual friendship.

I’d like to thank Elizabeth Kate Switaj for listing stains: early poems as one of her favorite poetry books for 2009. That was an unexpected surprise and I am pleased to have stumbled upon this list. Thank you for your kindness, Elizabeth.

While I’m at it, I must give a big thank you to all the wonderful readers and reviewers who took the time to talk about stains. In Canada and the US and overseas, your words have helped spread the word about my latest publication and I thank you for your support and kindness. I’d particularly like to thank Zinta Aistars, AF Stewart, and Elizabeth Kate Switaj for providing thoughtful, in-depth reviews of stains: early poems.

Thank you, too, to the many wonderful audience members at the readings I participated in throughout the year; thank you to the workshop and lecture attendees, and to the venue hosts for including me in your programming. The year 2009 was full of wonderful events and I am so pleased to have felt the warm reception from you, Dear Reader.

As the holidays come and go and the new year rolls in, I wish you all the best for the season and for 2010. Thank you for being a part of my literary life.

No comments :

Post a Comment