Monday, May 3, 2010

loving the lit community

Regardless of where you live, there are abundant opportunities for you to get involved in the writing community. Sometimes it’s more of a struggle for emerging authors to find ways to connect with others, particularly in smaller towns, but there are so many ways you can get involved—or create opportunities of your own.

For the May 2010 issue of THE WRITER magazine, I had the pleasure of chatting with four individuals who were eager to share some tips about meaningful ways to get involved in the literary community. I chatted with author Matt Bell, agent Andrea Hurst, and editors Leah Maines and Kate Gale. There’s a two-page spread beginning on page 8 that will hopefully offer a few ideas to inspire and motivate you.

The May issue of The Writer is on newsstands now, or you can order online here.

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for this, Lori. It sent me right to my Writer magazine which I'd buried under all kinds of other stuff.

    ReplyDelete