Friday, January 22, 2010

Sawtooth Poetry Prize

Just a quick post from me today as I continue to unpack from my teaching trip on Whidbey Island (aka: complete writing deadlines prior to unpacking like a sane person). Hopefully by Monday life will be back to its unusual self and I can share some of the great experiences I had at the MFA residency for Northwest Institute of Literary Arts.

For now, I’m just sharing some author love and opportunity:

Call for Manuscripts
January 1, 2010 through March 1, 2010

$1,500 for a book of poems
Final Judge: Terrance Hayes
The winning volume will be published
in January 2011 by Ahsahta Press.

Full guidelines:

Ahsahta Press is a member of the
Council of Literary Magazines and Presses and
conforms to the CLMP Code of Ethics.

Sign up for their monthly newsletter:

2 comments :

  1. This sounds like a wonderful opportunity for poets. Lovely.

    I envy your stay on Whidby. Isn't that the most wonderful writer retreat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness, yes! Whidbey was wonderful. Not only is it a beautiful getaway, I got tons of writing work done (which I did't expect, during such a short stay). It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete