Monday, November 2, 2009

another poetic week

I’m pleased to share the link to my review of Jason Guriel’s second book of poems, Pure Product. My review is at Northern Poetry Review, a review site based out of Toronto ON. Editor Alex Boyd recently appointed me Associate Editor, so stay tuned for more poetry reviews to come on NPR.

For this Wednesday’s author Q&A, I’ll be chatting with poet Magdalena Ball, author of Repulsion Thrust. This is Ball’s first full-length poetry book and it is scheduled for a December release, but you can learn more about it here on Wednesday. Also coming up in the near future is a Q&A with poet Nanette Rayman and many other great voices. Keep coming back for the Wednesday Q&A series.

Too, I’d like to remind those in the Metro Detroit area that this Thursday, November 5th I am a featured poet for the Poets Follies reading series hosted by Marick Press. The event will be at the Ewald Branch of the Grosse Pointe Public Library and it begins at 6:30pm.

And, as it is the beginning of November, I must announce the winner of the October book giveaway! Congratulations to Jamie D, one of this blog’s followers. Remember, if you clicked to follow this blog, you were automatically entered into the draw. How about we do this again? That’s right, for the month of November I’ll do another random drawing at the end of the month and one lucky winner from the list of blog followers will receive a signed copy of one of my books.

Jamie, be sure to email me to let me know if you’d prefer fiction or poetry!

Thanks to all for visiting today. Remember to stop by on Wednesday for my Q&A with poet Magdalena Ball.

No comments :

Post a Comment